17 February, 2009

Australia

17th February 2009


So let me tell you how smart was Lau Wai Chien today. Hehehe! Today is Tuesday, so there was this linen exchange thing which is provided to us but our bed is actually being made up like those hotel style, where it is layer and layer of blankets. It might sounds a bit confusing but just imagine if you are staying in a hotel room, that’s how my bed WAS when I first arrived. And now I couldn’t make it back the same way anymore. So in total it’s actually 2 bed sheets, 1 pillow case, 2 cotton blankets and this final “cover up” I will say. And this linen exchange is not everything also can bring to change, we are just only entitled to change the 2 bed sheets and the pillow case. Being a cleanliness freak, I might just as well wash everything on my own.
Alright, here’s the climax to the whole story. I brought the laundry to the laundry room and put in into the machine and I checked everything and turned the timing to 30 minutes and I pressed start. I returned after 25 minutes and since I was early, I started reading all the words written on the machine and I saw the word “DRYER”!


I PUT MY DIRTY LAUNDRY WITH DETERGENT INTO A DRYER!


So that’s how smart I was. Luckily our laundry is inclusive in our rental, if not i would have wasted money but now I could only say sorry to monash coz I wasted their energy supply.


Everything was alright today and I got nice neighbor. He actually made a flower balloon and left it on my door knob. I saw it when I was returning after my laundry and I just thought it might be someone who had mis-send the flower to a wrong room. But still I took the flower back into my room and later part of the day when I went toilet, he told me he was the one who made it. Wow, so nice of him, By the way, he’s Singaporean (does that explain more?). Hehehe.


Alright, Wai Chien is back, soon I’ll be uploading loads of “expired” pictures up and it’s time I’ll say I’ve picked up all the pieces that I’d left in Malaysia and will say I’m moving on. It might sounds fast coz I know I still didn’t move on when I was at the airport but perhaps living in an all new environment is a new challenge. Moving on is not at all a difficult task now but adapting to here is a major challenge. But I know I’ll do well.

1 comment:

N said...

I totally get you. I used to feel so homesick when my mom left in 2006 when I joined limkokwing.
I think it'll be alright when you make friends and get used to your surroundings. You take care :)