13 April, 2009

Philip Island + Brother

Philip Island
Basically, Philip Island is the name of the island with many attraction places on it with of course their most famous, The Penguin Parade... I think that's why everytime people always equate Philip Island as Penguin Parade and Penguin Parade as Philip Island... It confused my brother and me so much that only after i've came back now from Philip Island that i know the difference...

Entry into Philip Island is FREE... But to go for the different individual attractions on Philip Island has an admission fee... It's just like going sunway lagoon in sunway... Entering sunway is free... But you have to pay admission fee to go sunway lagoon... So basically there are 6 main attractions on the island...

1) Chocolate factory
We didn't go for the factory factory... We decided to drop by because there was a very large "Free Samples" wordings on the factory which i guess attracts everyone else also... I looked through the pamphlet and it reminds me of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... It kinds of feels interesting... After all, i'm a big time fan of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"... Bought a new version of the book and the original vcd when it was on the screen... But i only looked through the pamphlet when i reached back home... If not i'll tell gor gor that i want to go in and have a look...


2) Churchill island
Cow Highland
What is Churchill Island then... Such a fascinating name... Churchill Island is the first farm in Victoria (if i didn't remember wrongly)... And the mascot for it was a type of cow call "Cow Highland"... And you'll only see it upon your entrance... And other then that... Churchill Island has those antique cottages of the first family who stayed there (imagine being in a museum) and some farm animals like chicks, goats and horses (imagine being in a zoo)... I was quite turned down when i was there... I guess i don't belong to the nature group... :)

3) Koala Conservation Centre
Have i blogged about my melbourne zoo trip... I don't remember i did... But just a short recap of what happened in the melbourne zoo... I was expecting highly of seeing koalas in the zoo since it is an australian animal... But after walking a long distance to the koala area, there was only one koala... Just ONE in the zoo... I don't understand why they didn't have more... It don't make melbourne zoo that stand out then after all... Okay... Not only was there only one koala... I didn't even get to see it properly... The whole time i was standing there trying to get a better glimpse of it and all i managed to see is just it's backside... And i've been complaining about it since then...

So then i told my brother that this time round i don't want to see koala's backside anymore... And i managed to see koalas sleeping... At least i am slightly more contented now that i've seen koalas...
4) Amaze 'n' Things
Amaze 'n' Things is a place like Genting's Ripley's Believe It Or Not... Oh wait... Before i confuse people... I didn't go for this either... But from the pamphlet... It definately gives me that sense of direction... It'll be interesting if we went cause i'm sure there'll be lots of laughter from it... But then... If the company is not that close with each other... It defeats the purpose of going for it also... So it was a good choice made in the end of not going...

5) Noobies Center

The mascot for this is seals... But i seen none... This time round is worse... I see NONE...!!! But the scenery is nice... It's really really nice... I didn't know i'll actually like this type of environment this much but i fell in love immediately when the wind blows... How i wish i can stay by this type of sea side with such nice scenery just once a year for a relaxing holiday...




6) Penguin Parade
Highlight of the whole trip... But i was again disappointed... Not because it was not good... It's an individual problem... The penguins that i saw was not the type that i always thought it will be... My perception about penguins are black and white... Black and white... And again black and white... But those penguins we see at this parade are greyish with white... My brother say to see black and white penguins... Get all the thickest clothings and set off to antartic to see... And my brother knew it straight that the penguin parade wouldn't be interesting for me cause that's not the type of penguins i want to see... To add on to that... I've to sit by the sea side since 4.50pm till 6.30pm to wait for the penguins to come back on shore... If there was a good company... The time will pass a lot faster with talkings and laughings... But cause there wasn't any common topic between me and my brother's girlfriend and sister... I sat there feeling totally bored...


This is then call penguins, my black and white penguins...!!!

I wouldn't say Philip Island is a very interesting place but i definately recommend people to go for once cause it's worth it... But if it was to ask me whether i will go for a second time... I'll have to reconsider... But anyone who's reading my blog and think of going Philip Island... Do contact me... I've got discount cards for it... You don't have to pre-book the tickets online even if it's public holidays... They over exaggerate it online that it's essential to book online first... They are smart to say that cause then you won't be able to use those discount vouchers or anything related after that...

And i met Wei Yun there... What a coincidence... And Yoong Tat went there on friday... Now i'm wondering whether Jojo went to the same place as me also... :)

~ ~ ~

To second brother

A big sincere thanks to you for coming down for me... It's both a cure and yet a new start to my homesick... Cure because i finally get to live with a family member after 8 weeks but a new start because after you left, the awful feeling which hit me when i first reach melbourne of don't know what to do tomorrow and the feeling of how am i going to live alone hit me all over again... But leaving all of that... It was a great time spent with you... Especially all the talks we had when it's only you and me...

I guess this is what makes a family special... Getting to hear a family member's voice... To hear someone to chase you to go shower cause it's late... To hear someone to tell you to faster go brush your teeth... Perhaps i'm the youngest and cause i'm the most talkative... So they always chase me to do all these very tedious stuff... Because i've got long hair... So i should never take late shower + it's not good to shower late... Maybe because i always ask them stuff they don't want to answer... So i'll be chased off to do those stuff... It's just all these small small things which make a family "Family"...

And we talked to daddy and mommy and big brother and mei mei together... The family feeling of them back in malaysia and me and second brother here in australia... Daddy sounded good when he was talking to me... Maybe he was quite taken back the last time when i cried on the phone and so this time round he talked very cheerfully to prevent me from crying most probably... Mommy was good... I'm sure she'll felt very glad that second brother came all the way to check that i'm alright... Big brother was busy with work and we didn't talk long cause it was late and me and second brother got to sleep soon...

A special paragraph for mei mei... My second brother was complainin he didn't want to talk on phone anymore cause he was tired and blah blah blah... But in the end... I think he got more excited then me when he heard mei mei's voice... And mei mei sang for us through the phone... How heartwarming...!!! No wonder i'll sayang her so much... She totally deserves that 101% of love from me... She was cute when talking on the phone with me... This is just a small conversation between her and me... I'll translate it to english so everyone can understand...

Mei mei: Cousin sister, why you haven't come home yet...

Wai Chien: Cause i'm studying in australia...

Mei mei: Why "yi ma ( my mother)" don't let you come home...

Wai Chien: Cause i made "yi ma" angry and she changed the house lock...

Mei mei: Say sorry to "yi ma' and tell "yi ma' don't be like this...

And after saying that... Mei mei called out to my mom and told my mom saying i've got something to tell her... That's just so how innocent a child's mind is... She still don't understand the concept of why am i not home after studying... I wish i could though...

~ ~ ~

So now i'm all alone again... Senior was a pilot and didn't get to see him in the end... So the next familiar person in line that i'll see will be Sue coming in july...

And Angie is here in aussie... I was shocked to receive her call... Wonder if she'll come across my blog... But just to let you know... Thanks for the call and hopefully we'll get to see each other before you fly back to malaysia... *hugs*

No comments: